Thursday, December 31, 2015

Abibliophobia Anonymous' Top Read of 2015



Every year there are so many great book's that are released. And every year there are just certain one's that stick with you, and breathes life into you. They helped keep you sane when your children were driving you crazy. They seen you through some tough time's in your life. They saved you. I know some author's never expect their book's to hit on levels that some do, but damn am I happy that those little voices were going on in their head's. Lol! Sometimes when we open up a book, we wonder how the hell this author got our life. Like with M. Robinson, I would message her and tell her, "this is me!" I had my own good ol' boy's, and if her book didn't break my heart and open up memories I shut off for year's! I'm now a mom of two and a wife. Remembering that part of life of the boy you were falling all over, that you would of gave anything up just to get his attention... if for just a second. That book, Complicate Me, was me for a few year's. I honestly can't thank these writers enough.  And these are just a few that will stay with me forever. I ONLY picked book's that were released in 2015. Along with them are my review's. The book's are NOT in any order of best liked. THANK YOU FOR THE AMAZING STORIES!!



Top reads of 2015

Complicate Me (The Good Ol' Boys #1) by M. Robinson
Rating 5 Stars
Publication date: September 12, 2015



REVIEW
 Because for every girl, there was always that one boy...

Sometimes in life you'll read a book that will hit so close to home for you. Complicate Me is that book, for me. I could understand what Alex felt, reasons why she dealt with their situation in different ways.
Growing up, I had my own good ol' boy's... three of them, and with one, I had the relationship like Alex and Bo. I understand Alex in ways most reader's probably can't. I have a connection with her.

When a author gives you such an amazing story, you don't want it to end. M.Robinson hit it out of the ball park. You'll smile, laugh, get pissed and cry right along with Alex and Lucas. This book will pull on your heart strings. It will take you back to those complicated day's of growing older.

"We would always be linked. We were destined to be soul mates. Star-crossed lovers."- Lucas

Yes, I wanted to shank Lucas, a few times. Gah! Him putting Alex through all that. I wanted to hurt him.

Alex is such a breath of fresh air. Usually we get these hard, sexual, angst ridden female character's, but Alex isn't any of those. She's sweet, sassy, funny and loving. Wanting the best for everyone else, even if that means she's the one hurting in the end... that goes for both Bo and Alex.

“I can’t do this with you anymore. Love shouldn’t hurt this much. All you’ve ever done… is complicate me.”- Alex

We grow with Alex and Bo and all the other character's. It's a story about first love, finding yourself, discovering who you are, and everything in between.I seriously can't wait for the next book!

Buy it here! 

The Ground Rules (The Rule Breakers #1) by Roya Carmen
Rating : 5 sexy hot stars
Publication date: June 2, 2015



REVIEW
Five rules, don't break them...

One fateful encounter will change these two couple's life, in ways they didn't dream of.

There is only FIVE rules. They're simple and easy.
1. Don’t sleep around.
2. Don’t kiss and tell.
3. Be nice.
4. Don’t text or call.
5. Don’t fall in love.

Simple enough, right? Well, maybe on paper it is, but trying to tell your heart to stop thinking other things, that's not simple.

Mirella, Gabe, Weston and Bridget will swap partner's. This is the first time for anything like this for Mirella and Gabe. Hell, Ella has only been with Gabe, her husband. But from that first moment she set eye's on Weston, she was drawn to him. This should be fun and simple. She gets to have sex with a man she could only dream about being with, but soon feelings will start entering the picture.

'I’m married, he’s married, and we don’t belong to each other. He’s not mine.'- Ella

Rule #5- DON'T FALL IN LOVE! I think Ella will break that rule.

The Ground Rules is a seriously sexy, steamy, romantic read. It has all the factors one wants when reading a book. The author has a way to describe the surroundings, that brings you inside the book with the characters. I'm so excited to see what happens next.

Buy it here!


-The Air He Breathes (Elements #1) by Brittainey C. Cherry 
Rating 5 stars
Publication Date: September 25, 2015



REVIEW
Brittainy C. Cherry word's gave me chills. Evoked tears and had me smiling.

“Show me the shadows that keep you up at night. Kiss me with your darkness.”- Liz

The Air He Breathes is such a heart breaking, haunting story of trying to live after losing someone you love with all you are. I don't know how many times Brittainy C. Cherry word's gave me chills. Evoked tears and had me smiling. These character's are so broken, both equally. When Elizabeth and Tristan enter each other's cloudy world, they will teach one another the thing's they haven't been able to do in the past year. With each other, they will breath air back into one another's soul.

I love when you open and book and immediately the author's writing hooks you. When it's hard for other's to try to copy that emotion this author invoked in you. I honestly can't wait to see what is next for Brittainy.

"He was thunder, I was lightning, and we were seconds away from creating the perfect storm."- Liz

Even though this story was one full of emotions, there were parts where you laughed so hard, thanks to Faye, Liz's best friend, as well as her daughter Emma. Those two character's shined light into this book. When I read, I tried to put myself in the character's shoes and it's easy to do with these two.

TAHB is a duel POV, but with each side, you don't feel as if it's the same character telling their story. That's hard to do, but she pulled it off.

"You know that place in between nightmares and dreams? The place where tomorrows never come and yesterdays don’t hurt anymore? The place where your heart beats in sync with mine? The place where time doesn’t exist, and it’s easy to breathe? I want to live there with you. –TC"- Tristan

Buy it here!

Suit (Twin Duo #1) by Jettie Woodruff
Rating : 5 stars
Publication date : September 20, 2015



REVIEW
Gabriella Pierce life turned upside down when her twin, Isabella, showed up out of nowhere. Now waking up with no memory whatsoever, Gabriella will have to relearn everything, including the life her and her husband leads. Is this a game she is playing, or does she really not remember anything leading up to the accident? Dive in and find out.

"I was at the hands of monster and I liked it. I loved it, and I wanted more."- Gabriella

The relationship between Gabriella and Paxton is one you'll constantly be on edge with. You have no idea what he will do, or how Gabriella will react. You're in suspense, constantly.

"It worked for us. For what we both needed. You have everything to suit your needs, and I have you. My slut, to suit mine.”- Paxton

This book was freaking amazeballs. You're not sure where it's going, or maybe you do, but you don't quite understand it. Your up and down, don't know what to believe. I can say, I wanted to kick Paxton in his man junk on a few occasions. Paxton is a alpha, domineering, my way is the only way man. Gabriella before the accident was the good wife, but now not knowing how their life was, she's testing everything. When she sleeps she gets memories of her childhood, of Bonnie and The Clydes. If her memory never returns, can she live this life she woke up to or is it even possible for her to walk away. This is a book full of suspense, mystery, sexiness, and so much more. I love Jettie. Her story telling is superb! Now my ass needs the next book, like now!

BUY it here!


The Paper Swan by Leylah Attar
Rating: 5 stars
Publication date: August 4, 2015



REVIEW
Revenge is what it's all about.

Wow, just wow. This is an absolutely amazing book, that I couldn't put down. The author writes with such grace, that her word's have a little magic in them. You never know where their taking you, until you're there and your jaw has hit the ground. This book is full of surprises that you won't see coming. I'm sad it's over, but I guess that is what great book's do to you. Definitely recommend.

Buy it here!

Slammer by Tabatha Vargo
Rating 5 Stars
Publication date: August 18, 2015



REVIEW
Sometimes you'll come across a story that will leave you gasping and wanting more, and that's exactly what Slammer did.

Slammer by Tabatha Vargo isn't your traditional love story, there is nothing traditional about Lyla and X. Their story is forbidden, dark, sexy and mysterious. These two characters combined are mind blowing.

I've never read a book quite like Slammer. I don't think I've ever read a book that revolves around a prison and an inmate, but dang, I think we will see a lot more coming. I believe Tabitha has opened a new genera, and let the forbidden prison love, flood in.

Right from the very beginning we're given this gut churning mystery about X and why he's in prison. It starts off with a bang and ends in a huge, omg I don't think I can take this, you got to be kidding me, bang!

" She was a drug. She made me high, and I waited every day for another hit of her."- X

One nurse who's trying to keep her head above water, who turns to working in a Maximum Penitentiary gets more than she ever bargained for when the alarm sounds, and X is brought into the infirmary and her life. Everything she has know will forever be changed.

Holy shit, Tabatha! Bravo lady, bravo! I will forever have a fantasy of X and a jail cell. Thank you. This world, it's dirty, gritty, horrible and freaking consuming. It's definitely a 'pick your jaw up off the floor, and sit back and say WTF' kind of book. There were moments my stomach got weak, but there was also moments my panties got wet. If you can do both those in one dang book, you freaking nailed it then.

Get ready to have your world rocked and your jaw to drop. Dive in and see what all the fuss is about.

Buy it here!

I'm so excited for 2016 and the amazing book's that will be released! Thank you for following my blog and taking time out of your day. We love what we do at Abibliophobia Anonymous, and wouldn't have it any other way.

No comments:

Post a Comment