Thursday, December 29, 2016

**RELEASE DAY BLITZ** The Detective's Trust by K. Langston

Blurb


SIX BROTHERS

EACH HOLDING A DIFFERENT BADGE OF THE LAW

EACH SWORN TO SERVE AND PROTECT

trust; firm belief in the reliability, truth, ability, or strength of someone or something.

LAPD Detective Reid Cunningham is content to keep the pain of losing his best friend buried deep. Dedicated to his job, he doesn’t have time to feel.

Much less love.

But when the past comes knocking at his door, he has no choice but to face his deepest and darkest fear.

Cassidy Sky, his best friend’s little sister, needs his help. Reid promised to watch over her and keep her safe, but he never planned on giving her his heart.

Or his trust.


PLEASE NOTE: The author recommends reading The Officer’s Promise, an introduction to the Brothers in Blue, prior to reading the remaining five books of the series.

The Detective's Trust is written from dual POV, with an HEA and no cheating.



ADD LINKS



Excerpt #1

We’d only been on the road for half an hour but you could cut the tension with a knife. To think when I woke up this morning, I was completely high on this man, but right now I wanted to choke the shit out of him.
I learned pretty quickly that Reid Cunningham was not a morning person. He needed at least two cups of coffee before he should be allowed to interact with humans.
Plus, I was pretty sure he was still pissed about what I was wearing. He’d asked me twice to change before we left the hotel, but I’d refused and that didn’t help his extreme level of grouchiness whatsoever. But I could care less how he felt about my attire. If the only words he was going to utter to me were demands then he could go straight to hell.
I didn’t see what the big deal was. It was just a romper. When I left Florida for California, I’d packed light—sundresses and rompers. Cute and comfy. That was my style. I’d brought along a denim jacket to ward off any chill but it wasn’t necessary. Just being in the same car with him made me hot.
And not in a good way.
I wasn’t sure which part he hated the most. The ruffled eyelet hem that grazed my upper thighs or the top half, which was low-cut with spaghetti straps. My breasts were small enough I didn’t have to wear a bra. The anger in his eyes only intensified when his eyes drifted to either. Sure, it showed a lot of skin, but I wanted him to look.
I wanted him to eat his stubborn heart out.
I wanted him to regret the way he treated me this morning when we woke up. He’d given me the cold shoulder, only giving me short, one-word answers, and even though I’d asked twice more, he still wouldn’t tell me why the hell we were driving all the way to Texas.
“Are you going to be like this all day?”
“Like what?” he grumbled.
“Like you’re pissed at the world.”
He muttered under his breath before pulling over on the side of the road and getting out of the car. I watched him pace back and forth before I unbuckled my seatbelt and opened the door.
I’d barely made it out when he snapped. “Get back in the car.”
Slamming the door, I walked toward him. “No, I want to know what your problem is.”
“Nothing. Get your ass back in the car. Now.”
“Stop barking orders at me. I’m not a fucking dog.”
He stopped pacing and fixed his eyes on me. “I do not treat you like a dog.”
“Yes, you do. You ordered me to change clothes. You won’t tell me why we’re going to Texas. You just expect me to do whatever the hell you say. And you won’t talk to me about last night.”
“There’s nothing to talk about.”
“We spent the night together.”
“So.”
          “So?”
          He exhaled a long, frustrated sigh, dragging the palm of his hand through his hair. “I told you before, the only thing I can offer you is protection.”
          “Oh God, don’t tell me you’re one of those guys.”
          “Meaning?”
          “The asshole who acts like an asshole because he thinks he’s not worthy enough, has too many demons to battle, and feels the need to fight them alone.”
          “You hit the nail on the head, baby. I’m exactly that guy. And I’m going to lay it all out for you, I’m not the guy for you.”
          “But you want me.”
          He narrowed his eyes. “Listen, I’m not trying to be a dick.”
          “Too late for that,” I tossed out, folding my arms across my chest.
          “Fine, then I’m a dick, but at least I’m an honest dick.”
          “You’re not being honest. You want me; you’re just too chickenshit to admit it.”
          “Get in the damn car,” he said, stalking toward it. “I’m tired of arguing with you on the side of the damn road.”
          “God, why do you have to be such an asshole?”
“Why do you have to be so goddamn beautiful?”
He didn’t mean to say it. I could tell by the shocked expression that slipped over his face, but he’d admitted it all the same.
I blinked. “You think I’m beautiful?”
He shook his head, a faint smile tugging at the corner of his lips. “You’re such a brat, you know that?”
I smiled. “But a beautiful brat?”
“Get your beautiful, bratty ass in the car. Please.”
“Holy cheese, he said please!’”
Once inside, he blew out a heavy breath and fixed his eyes on mine. “I do want you. More than I’ve ever wanted anyone, but I would only hurt you, Cass. I—I can’t be what you need.”
“You don’t know what I need.”
“Trust me, I know.”



Excerpt #2

Once we were inside, I moved to the bed closest to the door and began emptying my pockets on the nightstand while Cassidy snatched up her bag with a huff and went straight into the bathroom.
When she walked out a few moments later, I knew for sure God was punishing me.
What the hell are you wearing?" I asked, my dick hardening against my zipper.
She looked down at her chest, a grin smarting that sassy mouth of hers. "A shirt."
One finger curled at the hem of my favorite Yankees shirt I’d had packed in my bag, the ball of her foot twisting in place while she licked her lips.
Teasing me.
Luring me to the edge of a very steep cliff.
I wanted to know what that finger tasted like. No doubt it tasted as sweet as she smelled.
Like goddamn candy.
The kind you have to suck the sour to get to the sweet.
Every part of me wanted to devour every inch of her. Not to mention how good she would look underneath me. The images funneled through my mind in quick succession, one after the other. The countless ways I could make her mine. But the guilt still remained. Nestled somewhere between want and need.
I wanted her, but she needed my help.
I promised Bodie.
Desire gnawed at my resolve, but I stayed rooted in place. Her dark eyes peeked up at me as she made her way over, determination heavy in her gaze. "You don't like my shirt?"
"It's mine," I growled.
"I know." She stopped in front of me, reaching for my hand and placing it between her legs. "And so is this." Standing on her tiptoes, her lips brushed my cheek, breath hot in my ear. "If you want it."
The heat of her pussy paired with the damp fabric between her legs snapped my pathetic control. Leaning down, I captured her lips, her pliant body sagging against mine. My promise to Bodie was washed away as her taste flooded my mouth, a hint of tequila mixed with lime and a pound of need that rivaled my own. There was no more pain, no more guilt.
          Just…her.
Raising my other hand, I brought it to the back of her neck, gently grasping the strands of her soft, silky hair before giving them a hard tug. Her head fell back with a gasp, breaking our heated kiss, and my mouth descended on her neck with greed, my fingers stroking over her wet panties.
“I want to take you here and now,” I told her.
"Reid, please. I'm begging you."
"What do you want, Cassidy? And you better be very specific."
She moved her hand to my cock, stroking and squeezing me through the rough denim of my jeans. "This specific enough for you?"
Her words fell on a whisper, stripping away any remaining hope of ever escaping what I knew deep down had been inevitable all along.




 BUY LINKS:


The Officer's Promise (Brothers in Blue #1)
Amazon: http://amzn.to/2gVXDLZ
iBooks, B&N, Kobo: http://bit.ly/2hqWexA


Social Media:

Twitter: http://bit.ly/1sVXx9n
Goodreads:  http://bit.ly/1Crt9oi
Instagram: http://bit.ly/1wgXtOF
Pinterest: http://bit.ly/1CwcY WO

Amazon:  http://amzn.to/14KrwYz

Facebook: http://on.fb.me/1qDx kaZ

Website: www.authorklangston.com    

No comments:

Post a Comment