Tuesday, September 29, 2015

**SPOTLIGHT TOUR WITH REVIEWS** Southern Boys Series by C.A. Harms

Title: Forgiving Reed
Series: Southern Boys #1
Author: C.A. Harms
Genre: Adult, Contemporary Romance
Published: October 13, 2014
Kori suffered a great loss, one that left her feeling so desolate and alone, that she believed nothing would ever fill the void...

The only thing that kept her going was the one little piece of joy she still had in her life, her baby boy, Rhett.

She had no choice but to move forward and give her son the best life she could. Which meant moving back home. Except there was one problem.

Home was where Reed would be...

The man who once held her heart, then shattered it into a million pieces. Grieving the loss of Rhetts dad, and learning to forgive those who have betrayed her, Kori was battling it all.

But will she ever have the strength to forgive Reed?

Amazon Amazon CA Amazon UK Amazon AU B&N



This is the first book by C.A. Harms that I have read.  It definitely won’t be the last either.  I have been in a little book funk lately, and this was the perfect read to pull me out of the funk.

This is the first book in the Southern Boys series.  It’s a great start and I will be starting Finding Gavin as soon as I finish writing this review. 

This book starts as a heartbreaker.  Kori and Blake are in love with each other and are expecting a baby.  But then a tragedy strikes and she’s left alone with a tiny newborn baby.

She moves back home to be by her parents.  She reconnects with her best friend, Maria.  She doesn’t want to run into Reed yet.  Reed broke her heart when they were in high school.  Blake put her heart back together, and will always have a place in it.

She is struggling with Blake’s death.  Reed is there for her, as a friend.  But he never stopped loving her.

Reed is an amazing man, that’s for sure.  How he is there for Kori, especially with Blake’s parents.  And with how much he loves Rhett.

The talk he had with Rhett at the end of the book….So dang sweet!

Plus he has some “thrusting thighs”.  Read this and you’ll understand. 

Now to read about Maria, who I also love, and Gavin.


I am wondering about that prowler though.
Title: Finding Gavin
Series: Southern Boys #2
Author: C.A. Harms
Genre: Adult, Contemporary Romance
Published: December 30, 2014
Gavin was a broken hearted cowboy from Savannah...

The one she fell for even though he tried to warn her away.

Maria’s entire life had been one rejection after another, always going after things that were just out of reach.

Gavin was no exception.

She wanted him, so desperately...

But life had a way of making things unattainable, at least for her anyway.

Just when things began to change, once again the darkness glooms, and Maria finds that her happy ending may once again be…

Unreachable.

Amazon Amazon CA Amazon UK Amazon AU B&N



This is the second book in the Southern Boys series.  Even though this book is about Maria and Gavin, you do need to read Forgiving Reed first.  Their story actually starts there.  We also see a lot of Kori and Reed throughout this book.  We also meet Colt, Maria’s older brother and the main character of the Third book, Loving Colt.

After reading Forgiving Reed, I loved Maria.  She’s funny, but she doesn’t think she deserves happiness.  She has an amazing heart, and she has so much love to give.  Her daddy walked out when she was little, her older brothers went with him.  It was just her and her momma.

We saw how much of an amazing friend to Kori she is in the previous book.

She met Gavin when he became a farmhand on Kori’s parent’s farm.  He has those “thrusting thighs.”  She knew that it was just a fun fling for him, but that didn’t stop her from falling for him.

Gavin is in the middle of a messy divorce.  I can understand why he doesn’t want anyone close again.  Nicole, his ex-wife, cheated on him with his boss.

He fights what he feels for Maria.  He basically uses her, but he didn’t lie to her.  Yes, I thought he was a jerk, but once he realized he was, he regretted how he acted, and he became his true self.

“You were only supposed to be a one time thing.  You weren’t supposed to make me feel anything.” “Do you understand why it’s so hard for me to do this again?  I can’t fall for you, and you’re making that impossible.”

As a couple, they have some things to deal with.  I will admit, I loved that Colt gave him a black eye, he deserved it. 

I love how the story took a little twist with Mikey.

This is another great read in this series.  I love all the characters.

Title: Loving Colt
Series: Southern Boys #3
Author: C.A. Harms
Genre: Adult, Contemporary Romance
Published: February 14, 2015
Alexis and Colt never planned on crossing paths.

Alexis and her three year old daughter were running from their past and Colt was looking for his future.

Neither planning to find salvation in one another.

One night changed it all…

And they had no hope of ever being the same again.

Finding a way to make things work, when it feels like everything is against them, is something they will have to work hard to overcome.

Will Colt be strong enough to handle Alexis's past?

Or will it be too much?

Amazon Amazon CA Amazon UK Amazon AU B&N



This series has completely brought me out of my book funk.  I read all three of the books in two days.  I couldn’t stop reading them.  As soon as I get a chance, I will be reading the Key West series.  I have got to read Harper’s story after meeting her in this book.

I have loved every one of these characters in these three books.

Even though each book is about a different couple, you do need to read each book in order.  The other characters are in all the books.  I love how we get updates on the other couples.

Alexis is running.  Her daughter Maddison is with her.  She has to get them to safety, and keep them safe.

Who would have thought that stopping at a diner, would change everything.  Well, the diner and a flat tire.

Maria finds her and takes her to her momma.  Her and Maddison are instantly loved and accepted as family.

Colt is attracted to her from the first time he sees her.  Once he finds out why she’s running he wants nothing more than to protect them both.  He wasn’t looking for love.

“There is nothing more than to help Alex realize she deserves to be treasured.  I want to be the man who builds her back up and makes her see that she is an amazing woman, a woman that any man would be lucky to share a life with.”

I will definitely be reading more of C.A. Harm’s books.  I am hooked and she now has a new stalker!


Author of the bestselling series, Southern Boys. I live in Central Illinois and have always had a love for books. Writing was something I have also enjoyed for years and until the last couple years it was something I kept to myself. Taking a chance I submitted one of my novels and wahlah, here I am today. Over 15 published books later and still going strong. It is so easy to get lost in the world of fiction. I'm a mother of two, one high schooler and a second grader, I know almost seven years separates the two. What was I thinking? lol With a 7 year old in the house I would say I have developed a liking for the Disney channel, As if I had a choice. It was that or the Channel surfing my husband does. You know just when you find yourself interested in something, BAM, it is changed to a new show. Ugh! So Disney it is, Children's network and all those crazy kid shows... I have a few favorites ;)
Hosted By: 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment