Friday, April 24, 2015

**SERIES TOUR WITH REVIEW** WOUNDED SOULS SERIES by Amanda Lanclos


Title:  Irreparable, Inconsolable, Unbelievable
Series: Wounded Souls
Author: Amanda Lanclos
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Release Date: Available Now


In one day your life can go from amazing to total distruction and for me it’s going to change forever. Who am I? My name is PFC Jameson Carter and I am a United States Marine, or I was until a bomb detonated and took half of me with it. The only thing that kept me alive was the woman I had waiting back for me at home. 

How do you go from being a complete person to being half of something? For me, I have help, but how can I be anything more than half of what I used to be? Then when the one person you count on, the person you lived for leaves you how do you react? 

For Samantha Blalock life is easy, she helps repair people like me, the people who lose limbs. Something isn’t the same though, she’s changed. See I’ve known Samantha for years. She’s hiding something. Can we help each other through these trying times in our lives? Or does the fact remain that we are both irreparable?


Tonya's Review

5 Stars

I am a sucker for a good book about a military man.  Some of them really make me mad because they seem to make what these men and women go through seem like no big deal.  Almost making a joke of the injuries, both seen and unseen, that they come home with.  This is NOT one of those books.  Being a military wife, I know some of the struggles.  I was impressed with this book.

What happens when you come home half the man you use to be, literally.  This is just part of the struggle that Jameson Carter goes through.  Not only did he loose both legs, he lost 4 brothers at the same time.  He was only able to save 1 from the roadside bomb that changed his life.  He is also struggling with the guilt because he is alive when they should be.  On top of all this and learning how to use his prosthetic legs, Mary Beth, his fiancee, can't handle the stress and leaves him.

Amanda Lanclos really did her research while writing about Jameson's struggles. 

"I'm handicapped; I'm crippled;  and I'm half of what I once was, not just my body but in my mind.  I am damaged.  The question that remains is, is the damage irreparable?"

Samantha Blalock grew up with Jameson.  Now she is his physical therapist.  She stands for him when he can't do it for himself.  She also lets him fall flat on his face when he needs to.

Not only do we have a broken male character, but Samantha is broken also.  What she has been through is so horrible.

"I don't kno wwhat you want from me, Jameson, but I have lost my faith.  I have nothing to offer you.  I can't be who you want me to be; that girl you knew, she no longer exists."

I love these characters.  They both may be broken, but together they are strong and can help each other heal.  It's not an easy road.  They both must face what is haunting them.

I love how Amanda Lanclos also included the coins in the story, not many authors do. 


This is a series I will continue to read.




My name is CPL Blake Johnson, and I am a Marine. You would think that my life was easy because of my status, but you couldn’t be more wrong. War is hell on earth, the things you see and the things you feel. My life is haunted by the things I saw while on deployment. I will never be able to see the light fading from the people’s eyes I murdered. My life is now determined by my mind, depicted by sounds, colors, and things that make me less of a man. I wake up every day to fears of what will trigger the turmoil that sends me into overdrive. If it weren’t for one woman, I would have no sunshine to wake up to. Nothing to keep me out of the hell hole I have dug for myself. Anna has her own demons as well, but together we may find out that we are not as inconsolable as we both feel.


Tonya's Review

4.5 Stars

This is the second book in the Wounded Souls series.  This is a great series that deals with the effects of war.  It doesn't make light of PTSD, or the other wounds these men and women come home with.  I'm sure it will open eyes for those that have no connection to anyone in the military.  The author does a great job showing what haunts service members.  This book could be read as a stand alone, but I highly suggest you read Irreparable first.

We first meet Blake Johnson in Irreparable.  He is only alive because Jameson saved him that fateful day in the desert.  He doesn't realize he saved Jameson also that very day.

Blake is fsuffering from PTSD.  he needs help.  he is numbing with alcohol and one night stands.  But then he meets his sunshine, Anna.  He has to hit rock bottom before he can start to heal.  He has to let go of what is haunting him to have a future.  Anna is helping.

Anna Henderson grew up with Jameson.  She is best friends with Mary Beth.  But she is nothing like Mary Beth.  Anna is strong, sweet, kind, loving, and caring.  I have liked her since the first book.  Everything goes great for her with Blake.  Then tragedy hits, and she will have to face her own demons now.  Blake is there for her, but he knows she has to hit bottom before she will accept help.

The reason for the 4.5 stars instead of 5, is because there are quiet a few parts that are repeated from the first book.  This book does take place during the exact same time frame as the previous one.  I did find myself skipping over the repeated parts.  This is a great book and a series I will continue to read.



My name is Skylar Montgomery, and I always promised myself I would never end up like my mother. Relying on a man that thought beating a woman was the only way to go, and for a while there I hadn’t ended up like her. Now, at twenty-one years old, I have become just like my mother, until that one night. I left, made my way to my grandmothers in the small town of Hickory and I never looked back. Things couldn’t be better in this small town, until he walks into my life, and pretty much turns it upside down. 

Who is he? Luke Blalock, all American country boy with beautiful blue eyes and blonde hair that could make any girl swoon. He’s a gentleman, but he also attracts all the girls, and I just don’t know if I can compete with it. I do what I have to, to make ends meet; but when and if he finds out what it is I do will he still look at me with the desire I see in his eyes, or will he find it unbelievable?


Tonya's Review

4.5 Stars

This is the third book in the wounded souls series.  They don't have to be read in order, but I strongly suggest that you do.  The timelines for all three of the books are around the same time.  This book doesn't center around one of the military veterans, so it is a little different than the first two books.  Both of the main characters do have their own issues though.

Luke Blalock is Jameson's best friend and Samantha's older brother.  He and Jameson have been friends since they were in diapers.  He is in college because he will be taking over the family business.  He is a serial dater, but not completely a man whore.  That all changes when Skylar Montgomery starts to attend one of his classes.  He doesn't think she knows he is alive.  Luke does have a secret, only his immediate family know about it, Jameson doesn't even know.

Skylar Montgomery is on the run from her abusive ex boyfriend.  She ran to her grandmother's house.  She knows her ex, Landon, will show up wanting revenge.  She went Madea on him with hot grits, pan, and all.  She notices Luke, but she's scared.

But she finally gives him a chance.  She has told Luke about her ex.  But she is keeping a secret about her job from him.

When he finds out, his secret also comes out.  This could break them both for good.

I really like these two together.

"I hope you know that you are it for me, Sky.  You are the woman I want to wake up with every morning and go to bed with every night.  I wasn't looking for you, but my mother always said you'd find what you were looking for when you least expected it to show up."


This is a series I will continue to read.  I gave it a 4.5 star because of some of the repeated scenes from the previous book.  I did skim through those parts.







 




Amanda resides in the lovely state of Louisiana just a short drive from Death Valley aka Baton Rouge. When she isn't head deep into a book she is spending time either blogging, writing, or being a mommy to two beautiful blonde headed blue eyed babies. Amanda never expected to be a writer, but one day that all changed when she saw a picture of a military man with both of his legs taken from an IUD in a war, and that is where her inspiration came for her very first novel Irreparable. With three books already out in the series she is working on the next as well as a Christian Romance about how to overcome grief and blaming yourself. Contact Amanda, because she loves to hear from her readers! Email: authoramandalanclos@gmail.com





HOSTED BY:

No comments:

Post a Comment